The word TMJ stand for Temopomandibular joint its occur when the problem with jaw, jaw means a bones structure containing teeth is surrounded to the facial muscles this joint controls the chewing and moving the jaw. This disorder is called TMJ that is temopomandibular joint. The TMJ is a joint which connected the lower jaw to the bone of the skull which is in front of the ear on each side of the head. The joint is very flexible and smooth to move up down and side by side it’s also help in chewing the food and also help in talking.
Causes of Tempopomandibular joint
The causes of the TMJ with the muscles of the jaw and with the parts of the joint this type of causes is examine by the dentist whose help you out from the problem. The other causes also like:
- The TMJ has osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis presence.
- Clench the teeth or jaw muscles and tighten facial causes because of the person taking stress.
- Grinding the teeth which put the more pressure on the TMJ.
Symptoms of TMJ are:
- When the people speak, chewing they feel the pain in the face, neck, jaw joint area, around the ear.
- Limited ability to open the mouth.
- The position of mouth open and close the jaw get lock.
If the people have pain anywhere in the face then they should go for the treatment before the problem increases and whatever the dentist prescribed you have to definitely follow the treatment prescription.